How to Make Cold Brew
Cold brew coffee is known for being a smooth and potent way to brew
coffee. It's a super simple process that is difficult to mess up, and works
with cheap and crappy beans.
- Choose any coffee that you like
- If you chose whole bean coffee, grind coarsely to make filtering easier
- Fill a jar/cup/pitcher/whatever 1/4 of the way with coffee
- Top off with water
- Stir well
- Wait at least 4 hours
- Pour the coffee into a new cup, throw away the grounds
- Cheesecloth is a good filter, or a sieve
- If you're careful you can probably just pour the coffee off the top
- Dilute the coffee with cold water depending on preference. 50/50 is a
good place to start.
- Mix 1 part ground coffee with 3 parts water.
- Go to bed, then wake up.
- Throw away grounds, dilute remaining coffee to taste.
tldr with French press
- Make coffee with cold water.
- Let brew overnight.